Friday, September 12, 2008

Preparing for Hurricane Ike


It's September 12, 2008 around 2:37 p.m. I can't believe it's practically a ghost town around here. As a native Texan and a native Houstonian I personally pride myself in taking on the storm head on. Come on, I lived through Alicia! Now Mom, please don't point out that a adamantly refused to go to the YMCA day camp 4 days before Alicia planned to make landfall. Since I'm a parent now myself I have confidently re-assured Grant and Cate that all will be fine. Last minute nerves did get a hold of us however so Keith tried to make a trip to Home Depot to buy some plywood to cover up windows in at least one of the rooms. It was too late, everything is closed! Home Depot, Lowe's, even Wal-Mart!! Our glass front door was in need of a little TLC even before the hurricane season started so despite no plywood I decided to do a little work on it myself. Here's to a long day/night of candyland and bingo inside with the kids. Please join our prayers regarding the very tall pine trees near us.